Sunday 22 December 2013

Roasted Chestnuts.

Because it's almost Christmas…


I thought I would share some of my favorite things about Christmas in Europe thus far.

Traveling during the "off season" is amazing. 
First of all whoever started the term "off season" should be terminated…
Ok not really, but I don't think that anyone should be discouraged about traveling just because it is winter.
I am so happy to be able to experience the European Christmas lights, markets, treats, shopping, and traditions. 
Chestnuts really were roasting on an open fire! So I ate one.
London, Barcelona, Budapest, Italy, and Paris have shown me how special Christmas is in Europe.
I bought a sachet of lavenders from Provence in Paris and smelled various perfumes from Grasse, where my french ancestors are from!
I also bought a little something to remember Budapest by in the form of elderflower tea.

The market I am most excited for however is the German Christmas market in Berlin. 
In Germany there are special laws to ensure that everything sold at the markets are authentically German which I am so excited about.
I will cannot wait to Christmas shop here and bring back little treasures for everyone.

It is supposed to be very cold in Berlin, so luckily they sell mulled wine and German hot chocolate at the markets.

Mulled wine is hot wine with fruit, basically hot sangria, which sounds like the perfect Christmas drink to me since the temperatures will be dropping. 

We are all hoping for a white Christmas in Berlin so we shall see 

Merriest Christmas to everyone !

Remember what the true celebration of Christmas is for,
may it be calm, merry, & bright.

xx

A few of my favorites

Enjoy



(below images do not belong to me)










No comments:

Post a Comment