Saturday 21 December 2013

Almost over.

Europe is a dream that I could live in forever. 
I am so happy I was able to travel, explore, and study in the UK.
Christmas is right around the corner and my friends and I will be spending it in Berlin, Germany. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...in Berlin. I am planning on exploring the smaller towns of Germany as well and hopefully finding the Black Forest. 
Then we will be off to The Netherlands for New Years in Amsterdam. I really tried to book a houseboat... Because why wouldn't you want to live on a houseboat in Amsterdam, but because it is the holiday season there were hardly any left. We will most likely be renting an apartment for a Netherlands stint because it actually works out cheaper than a hostel.
I have gotten so used to traveling and discovering niches in corners of the world I never thought I would see.
It truly has been a growing life changing experience. 
Life changing because it literally has changed my life. If you never travel you just don't know what you're missing and how adventurous you really are.
I think one of the most amazing things about traveling is that it sets your whole life up for adventure. Before these past months in Europe I had never thought I would get to travel so much in my life. I also didn't realize how capable I was of so many things. I consider myself and excellent navigator and most definitely a map wizard. 
I have swam in the Mediterranean and popped champagne in the streets of Paris. 
There have been so many moments worth reliving I cannot even keep track. 
I have already given up on trying to keep track of all the trains, tubes, metros, boats, and planes we've been on. 
Another thing about traveling is it has really made me realize how many places I have yet to see in my own backyard of California and the states in general. There is definitely going to be a road trip, camping extravaganza when I get home. I am already planning on a train ride to Canada. Maple syrup, hockey, and Canadian beer are all getting crossed of the to do list.

Time to pass out on my top bunk. 
Goodnight Hatfield,
I'll see you in the morning London. 

Vagabond dreams.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment