Friday 20 December 2013

Budapest, you're unreal.

I have no idea why Budapest doesn't get more attention, it is unreal.
I will be the first to admit that I had little knowledge of Hungary and the history of Budapest.
I have heard amazing things about it since traveling in Europe and naturally was ready for the adventure. The unknown was intriguing. It was refreshing to travel to a place were I didn't have a preconceived notion of what it would be like. 
No expectations, just pure wonder and excitement. 
Budapest is unreal, it is so foreign you feel like you're in another world, and that to me is something I love. I loved feeling so far away from everything I know. 
Our hostel was a community hostel which is something every traveler has to experience. 
Random people from around the world who have all chosen to come to the same foreign place.
Hungarian art is bizarre, foreign, and again unreal.
Unlike a lot of European cities that cater to tourism, Budapest is perfectly off the grid.
The food is amazing, the people are friendly, and the architecture is amazing. 

Handmade treasures.
Bizarre art everywhere.
Owl/Bunny art inside of Instant.
Community style Hostel.
Thermal Outdoor Baths.
Cheap, really tasty beer.
Duck Pumpkin Pasta.
Tattoo Culture.
Christmas Markets.
Unique History.
Caves.
Ruin Bars.


Three words that describe Budapest: Bizarre, unreal, amazing.

 




 







No comments:

Post a Comment