Friday 20 December 2013

Italia

So much has happened since my last blog post 
I just don't know where to begin.
Left London for sunny Barcelona than headed back to the UK. From there to Italy- Rome, Florence, and Venice,
and of course, back to Paris.

Roma:
My favorite thing about rome was the historic center where we stayed at the one and only Maria Rosa Guesthouse.
Sylvie is the most gracious host you will come across.
I've stayed in many airbnb's and hostels, but her guesthouse was my favorite of all.
The historic center was full of winding roads, boutiques full of hand made treasures, coffee shops, restaurants, and bars.
Rome was amazing and full of life.
My favorite pizza of my whole life came from a little heavenly place called Forno, where they sell bread of course and pizza by the slice…and italian treats! You have to get a ticket with a number that is how busy it gets to get a slice from this place. Worth it.
All the food in Italy (if you avoid obvious tourist traps) is prepared with such pride and quality. One of my favorite people I came across was this little italian pizzeria man so happy singing and slicing tomatoes for his pizzas. Happy people make amazing food…it's a fact.

Firenze:
We took the train from Rome to Florence and got to ride past the vineyards and lush landscapes.
I could have stayed there forever.
My favorite thing about Florence, aside from the art and beauty of the city itself, was the people inside there own stores handcrafting there goods in the windows.
You can just walk by and see glassblowers working on painting there pieces, or a watch maker winding watches to be sold.
It was really inspiring to see handmade special pieces being sold, where as in the states so many things are outsourced to China.
I have always been one to try and support smaller businesses but this just inspired me further.
I was so inspired I bought a pair of handmade italian leather shoes.
But really, I think it is so important to be aware of your power as a consumer and make purchases for quality as apposed to constantly impulse buying poorly made things from poorly run companies.
We are all guilty of buying things for no purpose but having awareness is definitely a positive start.
Back to the beauty of Florence, it was lovely but….

Venezia:
Venice absolutely took my breath away!
Venice was like walking into a whole new world.
The sound of it is amazing.
It sounds like stillness.
The people we met were so friendly
and it was just a beautiful place to wonder in.
We arrived by train at night to see a huge full moon and all of the city lights reflecting on the water.
Everything about this city is so artistic and detailed I instantly felt an immense love for this place.
My favorite thing about it is the water
 and the most amazing sunrise. The sun is so much brighter, and fuller, maybe it's just happier in Venice because people stop to watch it more.
You feel like you have traveled back in time to a place where time moves slower, and cars are nowhere to be found.

Oh my mornings coming back
The whole worlds waking up
All the vaporetto's swimming past
I'm happy just because.

Italia you are so beautiful.


Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Italy:












You just have to see it for yourself.

T r a v e l.

Lacée



No comments:

Post a Comment