Friday 20 June 2014

Maya




Broken hearts have been weighing heavily on mine lately. 
"People are broken, they get mad at you for being whole."
To me these words have never rang more true. 
At 25, I feel like now more than ever I am truly confident in myself.
I know that I have a special heart, talents, and gifts God has given me to bring him glory. 
It is so easy to blame yourself for others actions. 
We tend to get down on ourselves when another mistreats us. 
Being a woman I feel an innate sensitivity when it comes to others. 
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and see the good in them.
Although the older I get the more I see how people hurt others because they are hurt. 
Happy people lift others up and effortlessly spread joy.
It is so easy to be another unhappy person, taking out frustrations on others.
We all have wounds, shame, guilt, and deep sadnesses inside us. 
We all have stories.

But from these depths come a powerful love.
Don't ever let the actions or words of a broken person damage your heart or make you carry those wounds to another. 

Instead, be the radiant one who chooses love…because love never fails.
People who love when it is difficult and follow their hearts are my heroes.
Here's to a life that reflects love and brings joy, hope, and peace to others.

Trail blazing.

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment