Saturday 28 December 2013

Maxime.

I love discovering a designer who is truly innovative, passionate, and dedicated to their craft.
While doing research for an upcoming project, I gleefully discovered
Maxime Simoens 

The french designer was the first ever to join the official couture federation of Paris without ever having a show.

He achieved this through his apprenticeships in couture houses; Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior, & Baleciaga in combination with the press he received. 

What a dream.

Allow yourself to be inspired by his work

Here are some of my favorite pieces from his 2014 Pre Fall Collection





What I like most about this collection is his use of angles. He uses geometric shapes in a very flattering way. His designs are not ultra modern or dramatically simplistic. He combines, different textures, refined lines, and a classic black white color palette to form a cohesive collection that flatters the body and excites the eye. When I look at this collection I see the refined lines of a parisian couture and feel the reminiscence of old hollywood glamour.

Art is meant to inspire and Maxime Simoen certainly does.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment